Sunday, July 8, 2012

This is SPARTAAAAA!!!

About a week ago I made a really stupid decision that involved me causing physical and emotional harm to myself just because I watched some video of men and women a lot more in shape than me looking awesome and running through mud, water and barbed wire. :)




I found out that as a volunteer I could run in it for free, which was good since it would have cost over $150 to sign up for it just as a participant. Unfortunately, before I was even one mile into it, I knew I was way in over my head, but I was able to make it through all 12+ miles alive. Definitely the hardest thing I've ever done.



Despite all the hills, the barbed wire, the dry 95 degree weather, and lots and lots of running, I can say that it was worth it, although I don't plan on participating in another one in the near future/ever.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

You are such a winner!

Jessie said...

you should update your blog because I miss you.