Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Yo Quiero Taco Bell

We've been talking about it for weeks, and finally, after one failed attempt, we were able to find it! The only Taco Bell in Spain. It opened a few weeks ago and a few of us had been really anxious to go. But yesterday, we made the trip to Madrid just so we could taste of the heaven that is Taco Bell.


It took about an hour to get there so I took advantage of the occasion with this feast:
That, my friends is 5 soft tacos, 1 chicken quesadilla, and 1 crunch wrap supreme. And yes, I ate every bite. (I've gained over ten pounds since coming to Spain, and now I see why.)



Did I mention that they have the first drinks with free refills that I've seen since arriving in Spain? Quite the treat.

After sprinting around in Metro stations, and down what seemed like 30 flights of stairs we barely made the last train home. It was a double-decker with lots of space so I got my own row of chairs. I was just sitting doing some Spanish homework, when this large man who was sitting alone, two rows behind me comes and sits next to me. Strange, because there were ample empty seats elsewhere. Strange, because he was breathing heavily and just staring straight ahead. Reesty, because he smelled like rotten beef. I never want to experience his aroma again. Tim saved me by asking me to come look at something, which was lucky, because I stood up, and the guy pretty much passes out across the seats, drops his beer he was holding, and doesn't move for the rest of the trip! We left him there in the same position when our stop came. Poor guy probably missed his stop. But oh well.

There he is!

In other news, I'm flying over to Portugal tomorrow. That should be fun!

2 comments:

Julie Wilding said...

Haha. Points to you, Mark, for actually returning to the scene and getting a picture. Ten pounds? That's more than you've gained since elementary school! The whole ward is jealous and would like to be along on the trip with you, but I'm pretty sure you already knew that.

Hiram said...

MARK! Great stories.